Thursday, December 9, 2010

34

He called himself Robert Montgomery. He said he was rich and from England originally but came to the states for a change of scenery.

Since we met I wondered why his voice sounded so familiar. It was soft but raspy. Sort of calming.

And now I know.

Yesterday I woke up and he wasn't home. Ok, not unusual. He had some sort of work to do. I walked to the bathroom which was past Robert's room. He always leaves his door open so I know what it looks like inside. Out of the corner of my eye I saw that fucking plague doctor mask in his room. I freaked and ran the rest of the way to the bathroom and locked myself in. I expected him to break in or have a key or something. But he never came.

After about a half an hour I came out and went to Robert's room. There was the mask and the cape hanging on the wall. I went closer to it. It was hanging up next to the closet.

No big deal, I thought. It's just a mask and cape. Neither of which are out of the ordinary. And I remembered he saying something about a costume party coming up soon, so I dismissed it as just part of Robert's costume.

Later that night we were watching TV. He turned to me and handed me a piece of paper from out of his pocket. It was crumpled.

"I found this outside of the front door." He said.

I opened it and it said "Mine."

"It's because of that thing that's been stalking you, isn't it?"

I paused and looked at him. "What?"

"That, um... Demon, I think you called it."

"How do you know about that?"

Now he paused for a minuet then said, "I won't lie. I looked up your name on Google. Pretty much just to find you on social networking sites. I'm a sucker for those silly little game they have so I try to add as many friends as I can."

"And that's how you found the blog?"

"Yes."

I nodded and stayed quiet for the rest of the night.

After he had fallen asleep I packed up and left. I never told him my name was Alexa. He knows me as Asha. And I know I wrote Asha Reid on here, but when you google it, this blog doesn't show up, at least not on the first 5 or 10 pages.

While I packed I thought about how stupid I am. How I didn't put that voice with the mask. Alexa, you fucking idiot.

And if you're reading this, thank you for your hospitality, but fuck you. You aren't getting me. I've left Wilmington.



Oh God it's so cold. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment